Friday, March 17, 2006

Confu`Vrooom`sion



I believe several people, when they write, portray an image of being confused…. confused with what they have to chose from. But this is far from truth, these people have a deep-seated understanding of the issues that lie before them.....they simply present the nuances..... just enough to confuse the petty mortals like me.....

Confused ? .....am I .....don’t know..... but I am posed with the question of commuting, of dragging this moribund soul from home to office, of simply adding some spice, some jizz to the unwanted process. The question is of buying a bike.

Globalisation for sure has added more choices than ever before to our basket, but on the intellectual level rather I should say intellectual levels with varying degrees of appellations, globalisation has added to bewilderment. The tumultuous changes of the last decade following the deregulation of the automobile industry are provoking unprecedented clamour among the automobiles companies to stay on the top.

I look at the positioning statements of various bikes that we have in the market.....

Pulsar, is Definitely Male, by god it is the commonest of the commonest of the males hitting the road today..... I cannot buy this and why cannot Bajaj Discover the fifth gear.....

Avenger, the so called cruiser, it will make me Feel like God..... Gosh with an average of 25 - 30 kmpl, it will make me a beggar who feels like God..... can't buy this either

TVS, does not have a resale value, Holy cow, is this a criterion before you buy, don't believe people think of selling something before they could even buy it. Still, going by the dictum, I'm confused

Hero Honda, why have they stopped CBZ, my favourite, Splendor, oh come on.....I’m not that old family man.....Unicorn, hey that is a performance bike, but with little styling

Somebody tells me TVS is coming with Apache, another 150CC performance bike but with an exception of an average of 55 - 60 kmpl. I don't know if I have to take it with a pinch of salt or a bag full. Whatever, I am waiting for it to launch in Delhi. I am though impressed with the styling, had a dekko on the website tvsapache.com

Performance, Looks, styling, average, market share and so on..... the tamasha is striking gold for makers.....

Hey..... did I tell you my choice.....

No comments yet